I had this problem, which meant my iPhone no longer automatically mounted in Ubuntu 10.10. I had recently upgraded the iOS to 4.3.1 and this turned out to be the cause of the issue.
So, to fix it:
- Click on the System menu, then Administration and Software Sources. You’ll have to enter you administrator password.
- The Software Sources window will open.
- Click on the Other Software tab and click on the Add… button.
- Enter the following into the APT line box:
- Press “Add Source”
- Then click “Close” And then “Reload” on the next question.
- Click back on the System menu. then Administration and finally Synaptic Package Manager.
- Once the window has loaded, click into the search box, and search for:
- The program may tell you that it will need to uninstall libimobiledevice0 and upgrade some other thing. I said OK to all this and then press Apply.
- It will run through, download the new modules and install them.
- Restart your computer for these changes to take effect.